• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello peeps!
Smile 
Hi everyone,

I'm new to AE and have been trying to learn it in small steps over the past year. It's truly an amazing software and I was very out of my depth when I first had a look at the work space.

A year down the line and I think I have a fair grasp of the basics.

But that's where it stands (and sits hehe). I haven't been able to figure out the full power and scope of after effects this past year and can only do simple things with it. My aim is to become proficient enough in it that I can make some short videos for my class.

You see, I am a British male who teaches Arabian students about a certain subject called "eschatology". I also am a member of the world multifaith forum and love to work in charity environments, helping with fund raising and humanitarian issues.

So basically, I want to learn AE to a decent enough level to help me with future projects which help to raise awareness of the following: Charity awareness, human crisis, multifaith unity, eschatology)

All this is for a good cause, to educate those who wish to learn more - I do not want to do this for a profit as I believe it undermines my true intention to do something out of free will, honestly, with no expectation of personal reward.

Anyway, I can probably write for days, and so will close this here.

Hoping to get to know you all over the time I will spend here,

God bless,
(08-12-2014, 06:19 AM)irongate Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm new to AE and have been trying to learn it in small steps over the past year. It's truly an amazing software and I was very out of my depth when I first had a look at the work space.

A year down the line and I think I have a fair grasp of the basics.

But that's where it stands (and sits hehe). I haven't been able to figure out the full power and scope of after effects this past year and can only do simple things with it. My aim is to become proficient enough in it that I can make some short videos for my class.

You see, I am a British male who teaches Arabian students about a certain subject called "eschatology". I also am a member of the world multifaith forum and love to work in charity environments, helping with fund raising and humanitarian issues.

So basically, I want to learn AE to a decent enough level to help me with future projects which help to raise awareness of the following: Charity awareness, human crisis, multifaith unity, eschatology)

All this is for a good cause, to educate those who wish to learn more - I do not want to do this for a profit as I believe it undermines my true intention to do something out of free will, honestly, with no expectation of personal reward.

Anyway, I can probably write for days, and so will close this here.

Hoping to get to know you all over the time I will spend here,

God bless,

Hey,Hello Smile

I think it is the longest post here on forum Big Grin
There are some members which will help here ,including me .
If you have some work done show to us the results Rolleyes
And if you have some questions ,don't hesitate to ask ,we will help with everything possible .

Welcome here Cool
[Image: YHtTveR.jpg]
HI there boghi Smile

And thank you for the warm welcome and kind offer to help me with things, I am genuinely warmed by this sentiment, thank you.

I found this place through youtube, someone linked the site in a comment, I'm pleased I joined. Just browsing through, I can see the wealth of AE related information here, and believe it will help me in learning after effects.

Hmm, I have some compositions I am working on which are not rendered yet. I fear it because I am working from a 3 year old laptop and the fan just died, the battery is on its last legs and its only a matter of time before it kicks the proverbial bucket.

And so, I will have to get myself the powerful beasty of a computer I have been promising myself this past year. No more laptops for me, they die too quickly lol.

As for my lengthy posts. I find it hard to keep things short Big Grin So expect more from me in that regard,

Once again, thank you for your warm welcome and kind offer of help, I am very pleased with this place so far Smile

God bless,
Hi Irongate,

Welcome! If there is anything specific you need help with, in After Effects, let me know and I will post a tutorial for you. I literally have hundreds of tutorials on almost any subject in After Effects (that's how I learnt and still learning!)
Please click the Thanks button; refresh the page and then the download link will be revealed.
Thank you Jamboth, I most definitely will take you up on the offer. Smile

You guys are really considerate, I'm loving this place Smile

I'm ordering a PC to be built for the use of after effects.

Could you give me any recommendations on what specs it should have? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi Irongate,

A lot of factors can influence your decision on the "right" PC; like price, performance etc. The best I can suggest is to visit https://forums.adobe.com/thread/878520 and also https://www.video2brain.com/en/courses/a...e-workshop you will get a lot of suggestions and recommendations there.

Hope this helps.
Please click the Thanks button; refresh the page and then the download link will be revealed.
(08-13-2014, 12:58 PM)Jamboth Wrote: Hi Irongate,

Welcome! If there is anything specific you need help with, in After Effects, let me know and I will post a tutorial for you. I literally have hundreds of tutorials on almost any subject in After Effects (that's how I learnt and still learning!)

Hi, may i know where to get the tutorials?
would love to start learning!
(09-07-2014, 09:06 AM)xiujing Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 12:58 PM)Jamboth Wrote: Hi Irongate,

Hi, may i know where to get the tutorials?
would love to start learning!

There are some great tutorials posted by Jamboth in these two sections Smile
[Image: 30550f387a3ab5ba2e13328bea58ce10.png]
Thanks admins, I found it! Those are great tutorials =)
(09-08-2014, 05:38 PM)xiujing Wrote: Thanks admins, I found it! Those are great tutorials =)

Thanks are going to Jamboth for adding them Smile